Friday

08 August 2008

We went to a small agility competition tonight at a local club. I entered Ruby in two classes and Robin took Dora in one and then I took Saffy over the small jumps for a bit of experience.
Ruby did really well, it was me that had the problems. in spite of the fact that there were numbers by each jump I got lost on 3 of the four runs we did. Ruby jumped all the jumps clear and even did a full height dog walk twice. On our last run I managed to get the jumps in the right order and we actually got placed fifth with a clear round. ruby is really enjoying agility now.

I ran Saffy over the lower jumps but she was so excited to be off the lead and running around she took off for a few laps of the field, stopped to say hello to the pole picker then came back to see what I was doing. after that she did stay with me but of course she has only just started agility so is not as responsive to my cues as Ruby is so I cued jumps and sometimes she jumped them and sometimes didn't. She did enjoy herself though.

Robin had a go with Dora over the low jumps. They did very well as long as I kept out of sight but if she caught a glimpse of me she ran off th course to see what I was doing. they did have a good time though and dora was not the only dog of the night to run out of the ring.
To finish the night off we won a prize on the raffle.

No comments: