Friday

11 September 2009

I have to keep Ruby well away from the puppies when I feed her otherwise she refuses to eat her food and gives it to her babies. This morning I put her in the conservatory with her breakfast but she could see the puppies in the garden and so she wouldn't eat until she had given them a piece of tripe.














The puppies do like tripe. Usually I cut it up very small for them but they had a tug of war with the bit Ruby gave them.














Then they went back into the conservatory to see if there was any left.














Big Red found another piece, Pink wanted it too and the Bostons also want their share, so poor Big Red lost it to the others. I did give them all some more afterwards and Ruby finally sure her puppies had had enough to eat consented to eat something.
Sometimes it is like feeding the wolves at the zoo here!


The other puppies are settling in to their new homes well. Orange or Vaux as he is now known has also started a blog, with the help of his young owner Johnathan.
http://my-malinois-vaux.blogspot.com/

Tomorrow Turquoise and Big Red are off to their new homes and on Sunday Little Red and Blue go too so it will be a very sad weekend. Then we will just have Pink and the two Boston puppies. until they go at the end of the month. Pink is staying here with me.

No comments: