Wednesday

27 February 2008


Met Chris for training this morning. Set up some posts and a table to make a show ring. Got Ruby out and played with her and then went into the ring as if it was a proper show. Chris was the steward. Ruby Completely went to pieces. Chris says her whole demeanour changed as I walked through the ring gate. I asked her to come to heel and sit and she just stood frozen Totally unable to sit! I wouldn't have believed that putting up a couple of posts could have such an effect. I thought we were getting to the point where she might be able to complete an obedience round but obviously we are nowhere near after all.

I took her out of the ring and got her ball, then managed to get her to play outside the ring and came in again playing then asked her to sit and she did. We did some rough heelwork. not very close but Ruby was able to concentrate on me for some of the time. We came into and out of the ring several times and set her up and she became a lot more relaxed about it. I was able to get Ruby to play well with her large ball on a rope even though there were people around walking past quite close.
I did a practise round with Dora for the good citizen. Dora was really good, very attentive, she came with me immediately when I set off and stayed with me. I hope she is as good at Cru ts.
We did a recall. She waited well but did sit crooked. I remembered to accept what she did and not ask her to straighten up as that would lose more points than a crooked sit.

Did another recall with Chris rattling bags and being distracting. Dora came in a banana shape but did sit straight this time. Excellent.

Did stays with Dora and Saffi. Saffi did a good sit stay. I am feeding frequently. and walking around. I can't quite go behind her yet. down stay was not quite as good as the sit as she got up a couple of times.

No comments: