Tuesday

26 February 2008


Ruby found a really big stick to carry on our walk this morning. I didn't think she would be able to carry it as it was taller than me and about 5-6 inches in diameter but she wouldn't give up. she needed frequent rests but still carried it from the woods across the field and to the car park a distance of over a mile.

She would have carried it further but I persuaded her to leave it there. I took it home after the walk and out of interest weighed it. The stick weighed 20lb and was 5ft 6inches long. Ruby weighs 44lb so the stick weighed almost half her body weight. She must have incredibly strong jaws.

The way she navigates through the woods fascinates me. She reminds me of a small child playing airplanes with their arms out stretched weaving in and out of the trees. She rarely hits another tree but has got me behind the knees on occasion.

The picture shows Ruby with another stick. We never go for a walk without a stick and Ruby will retrieve a stick out of the water over and over. I got the life jacket to see if it would help her swim but she always keeps one toe on the bottom of the pond.



Ther video shows Ruby with a stick, well tree trunk, she liked, and her struggle to pick it up.

No comments: