Thursday

17 October 2008

it is now 2 weeks since we moved. things are a lot more normal. I now have internet access so have deleted the 700 plus spam emails ans waded my way through the rest. I have taken lots of photos of the house in various stages of chaos which will get added to the blog once Catherine returns my camera as she borrowed it to take pictures of William.

This is a picture of the living room before the new vinyl flooring was laid. The carpet was just too bright to live with for long. I decided to go for a vinyl flooring as it is much easier to clean than carpet, and much easier to lay and less slippy than ceramic tiles or laminate flooring. As the floor boards were very uneven I had to cover the whole floor with hardboard first which was a major undertaking but will be worth it in the long run. Ruby has a smooth floor phobia and once the hardboard was down she wouldn't come inside so spent the night in the conservatory. Thankfully the vinyl was laid the next day and has a nonslip finish so she can walk on it ok.
this is a picture of the same corner of the living room with the new flooring down. The wallpaper has changed too as after the floor was laid I pulled at a bit of loose paper, and then a bit more and then thought, Oh it will only take a couple of hours to strip this off....

Actually it took until nearly midnight, then another day to wash the walls down to get off the little bits of paper then another day to paint and wallpaper. As if I hadn't got enough to do unpacking boxes. Still it does look hugely better than the dirty white anaglypta that it replaced.

Ruby can be seen in the photo in her high rise bed. I stack the dog beds up during the day so they don't cover the whole floor and Ruby likes to sleep at the top of the pile.

No comments: