Saturday

01 November 2008

We went to Agility addicts Halloween agility show today. I entered Ruby an the elementary class and Dora in the odds and bods class. This is class for dogs who can't jump the normal heights and has lower jumps.

Ruby ran in the elementary agility first and went clear.
Then Dora ran in her class but missed one jump so we got eliminated. Dora really enjoyed it though. it is the first time I have taken her to an agility show as she has arthritis in her elbows and shoulders so I don't ask her to jump much but she was fine over the lower height.

We did a special class called a Catherine Wheel next. Dora went clear in her class but I totally got lost running Ruby so we got eliminated. Ruby jumped exactly where I asked her to but I pointed to the wrong jump.

After this some of the presentations were done and much to my amazement Ruby was eighth in her agilty class. Her first ever place in an agility show.

Finally we did the elementary jumping and again Ruby jumped another clear round but didn't get a place in this one. Dora once again managed to miss a jump, but she had a great time so that was the important thing.

No comments: