Thursday

05 March 2008

I have been working on Daisy's retrieve this week. it is coming on really well. She can now lift the dumbell from the ground and I am clicking her for bringing it to me. She did start running off with it so if she does that she doesn't get a click. The breed has a reputation for being stubborn but I have not found Daisy stubborn at all. She loves working with the clicker and as well as the retrieve she can sit, down, stand, roll over, bend (playbow) and twist to the right and left. I am sure there are other things too. not bad for a five month old pup.
I am also doing some agility training with her and she is getting the hang of her contacts. She can run along a plank of wood and stop at the end two on and two off. I am also having a go at teaching weaves using the 2x2 method and that seems to be going quite well too.

No comments: