Wednesday

19 August 2009

Poor Ruby is not happy today. Her problems started yesterday. I gave the puppies their food and shut the pen and went off to tend to the Boston Puppies. When I came back Ruby was in the puppy pen and the food had gone. More worryingly there was quite a lot of blood on the floor. Then I realised I could only see 8 puppies. Panic set in and I had a good look round but couldn't see the mising puppy, Purple boy as it turned out, so I caught up all the other pups and put them in a cage so I could move the furniture to search for Purple.

I carefully moved the settees and looked behind the TV unit, but no Purple, and I was really starting to panic when I head a small squeak. Purple had climbed over the barricade and into the cage in the corner and had obviously gone to sleep.
I was so relieved to see him.

Checking over all the puppies it was obvious the blood didn't come from them. As there were Ruby sized foot prints in the blood I checked her over and found some blood on one of her hind feet. I couldn't really see where it had come from and it didn't seem to be hurting so thought it wasn't too serious.

This morning however she was really lame. Her foot is very tender and I can now see she has cracked her nail almost where it joins the toe. This meant a trip to the vets for poor Ruby. Luckily the vet thinks it will resolve without needing to be removed but I need to watch carefully incase it gets infected. She will also not be able to go any walks for a few days.

Please can we come out














Daisy wants to play but does not want thew puppies to have her ball.















Darcy thinks it smells like a puppy but it is not black and white














Saffy thinks the safest place to be is on my chair

No comments: