Friday

07 May 2010

Again, we have had a very hectic few weeks. Computer problems and the lovely dry weather have conspired to stop me updating my blog for a while. As I work on a computer all day I would much rather go out for a walk with the dogs or do some training than spend my spare time on the computer. Anyway a few updates.



















Poor little Lily has been on the injured list as she damaged some tendons in her foot. I have absolutely no idea how she did it she just became very lame out of the blue crying if I so much as looked at her foot. Both myself and the vet thought she had broken something and she was booked in for xrays but luckily the orthopedic vet had a look and decided that it was just a tendon injury so rest and Metacam for a few days took care of it. the hardest thing was getting her to rest as Lily lives to play and would still have fetched the ball on three legs if I had let her.
Milo has missed his playmate as I had to keep them separate so Lily could rest. Thankfully she is better now and back to chasing Milo again much to his delight.

















Saffy has been a very good girl. at the last agility show we went to Saffy got a clear round and a fourth place in her jumping class and she ran beautifully, turning exactly where I said and she finished only a couple of seconds behind the winner. We are looking forward to our next KC show to see if we can finally get a clear round there. Ruby also got a fourth place in her agility class. She has now got more than enough points to upgrade but I think I will wait and see if we can get that elusive win.



















The next picture is Daisy a few days ago looking extremely fat and fed up. Although she is lying down there, she is another dog who has to be forced to rest. She would still be running after her tennis ball on walks if I let her but I have been extremely mean and stopped taking it with us on walks.














Thankfully daisy now has something else to occupy her time.














On Tuesday I came back from my walk with the Belgians to find Daisy cuddled up in her cage with a puppy. She wasn't due until Friday and had not showed any signs of being in labour so I thought she was safe to leave for an hour. Unfortunately after producing the first puppy so easily she then stopped and by 9:00 still had only one and there was no sign of any more so we went along to the vets where she had to have a cesarean. Thankfully all the puppies survived . we have 2 bitches and 4 dogs. Both mum and babies are doing really well.

No comments: