Thursday

17 July 2008

Dad and I went to East of England Show today. It is a very long drive so we go together to share the driving. Unfortunately the weather was not kind to us and it rained quite heavily most of the time we were there. I took Ruby and Saffy with me. Saffy was in the ring first in the puppy class where she came first over her sister Lexi. She behaved beautifully, showing herself off very well although she did have trouble trottting as she wanted to gallop across the ring instead.

Then it was Rubys turn. Ruby has not been to a proper breed show for a while but has been to a couple of companion shows recently and has been quite happy to be gone over, but she was not happy today. Whether it was the rain or being inside I don't know but she would not let the judge go over her this time, then she slipped her collar and shot out of the ring back into the cage that was at the ring side. I called her out again and she came back into the ring and had some titbits from the judge but then I took her out of the class. I know from experience with Ruby if I try to force the issue she just gets upset and it then takes months to get over. I think I will stick to obedinece and agilit shows with Ruby as she enjoys these. She really doesn't like breed much at all.

Then we had to go back in the ring with Saffy for the bitch challenge. Best of Breed was Saffy's dad Cougar, and then Saffy got best puppy so a good day over all.

No comments: