Saturday

26 Jul 2008

Today was Ruby's first agility show. it was a small one run by Agility addicts with an entry limited to 50 dogs held in the grounds of Shugburgh house just by Cannock chase. It is a lovely setting for a show. The house can be seen in the background of the video of part of Ruby's first run. Ruby did very well, she did pause at the top of the A frame to look at the judge but after that she carried on as if she did shows every day.

I found it more difficult than Ruby did. I walked the course and planned my route but once I got out on the course it all seemed to go wrong and I didn't end up where I planned to be for some jumps.

Ruby lost 5 on her first run as she missed the up contact on the seesaw. She is excellent at her down contacts but obviously not so good on the up ones.

She did a jumping course and also a class where we could take our own line. this was fun and meant we did not get eliminated when I didn't manage to point Ruby at the planned jump.
Ruby didn't get placed in her classes but she did get two clear round rosettes which I was really pleased about as neither of us had been to a show before.

Ruby enjoyed her agility but the highlight of her day was at lunchtime when we went down to the river. She found a stick she liked the look of


Unfortunately she failed to persuade me to throw it for her but luckily Robin then found a stick we could manage.





Ruby got quite an audience as she fetched her stick out of the river several times. She would do it all day but we had to go back to the show.


At lunch time the course was set up with very small jumps for people to have a go so I decided to have a go with Saffy. She had a really good time and I was really pleased with how she went over the jumps, and she really seemed to love it. I think she will be a lot faster than Ruby when she starts doing it for real.



Robin then took Dora and Casey round the course. They both went very well for him going away from me but even though I tried to keep out of sight once they were going towards me they tried to come to me. They all seemed to enjoy it though.

















No comments: