Wednesday

03 December 2008

They say things happen in threes and that is definitely true in our house today. All three Malinois have hurt their feet. Saffy has a cut on the bottom of her foot, Ruby has a split between her dewclaw and Casey has s a cut that has gone septic on his hock.

This morning I decided that it would be a good idea to cover the wounds before going for their walk so gathered up tape plastic bags, old socks and set to it. All three were not sure what I was doing but put up with it with good grace and I thought the end result looked pretty good.

Unfortunately they started shedding socks within few yards of home and by the end of the road there were no socks left on their feet and my pocket was full of muddy socks. Still I tried. Thankfully none of their cuts are too serious so I just washed of their feet when we got home and hopefully they will soon heal.

No comments: