Friday

12 December 2008

We had a major disaster today. Dora and Saffy have had a couple of disagreements over the last few days. Not much but enough to worry me. This afternoon they had a really big fight, and obviously meant business. Dora had hold of Saffy by the face and wouldn't let go and then as I tried to get Saffy out of the room dora grabbed Saffy's leg and again wouldn't let go. I did eventually get Dora off Saffy and into the conservatory. it was really frightening to see them fighting. There was blood every where.

Once they were separated I could check to see how badly hurt they were. Dora had a lot of blood on her but I couldn't find any bites. She was limping though.
Saffy had a large cut across the bridge of her nose and another very deep cut on her lip and both cuts were bleeding badly.

I loaded both dogs int the van and went straight to the vets who thankfully could see me straight away.
Dora is obviously bruised and has strained her front leg but was otherwise unhurt. Saffy had to have an anesthetic and have her bites cleaned and stitched. She has 10 stitches in her face. Her leg has some deep puncture wounds but they don't need stitching.

The vets have done an excellent job of stitching her up. They have used very small sitiches and closed the wounds very well so the deep cut on her lips hardly shows. Although her face is very swollen, with the cuts closed she does look a lot better.














After the disagreements last week I had spoken to my daughter about the dogs and she offered to have Dora if we decided they wouldn't get on. Claire has wanted a dog for a while and Dora would be ideal for her. Dora has therefore gone to live with Claire as I couldn't risk them having any more fights.

I am really surprised that it was Dora who did all the damage to Saffy and so is everyone else i have spoken to. I thought that if the dogs had a fight then Dora would be the one to come off the worst.


No comments: