Monday

16 June 2008

Did dog walk practice today. I put the Dogwalk up to the next level. Ruby is not sure of it again so we will need to go back to basics. She will hop on and do the contacts but will not go over the whole thing so we started again with taking a couple of steps up it then going out for a walk as a reward. Hopefully it won't take as long to get her doing it a this height. I think I will look at altering the hinges so that I can set it up at a lower height so there is not such a change from the lower height to the higher one.
I did start Saffy on the higher dog walk and at first she was a little unsure but a trail of food up the DW resolved that problem quickly. She is now walking along it happily but not too fast. I don't want to encourage her to go fast too quickly in case she slips and frightens herself like Ruby did. We need to work on Contacts a bit more too as she doesn't wait on them very well yet.

No comments: