Friday

27 June 2008

Today we had the club companion dog show . Unfortunately it was raining and cold (flaming June? not this year)Buty quite a lot of people came along. As soon as I arrived I was kept busy taking entries, until the judging started. I had brought all the dogs with me.
First in was Saffy in pedigree puppy. She only managed a 5th but there were 12 dogs in the class so not too bad. Then Ruby came second in the Pastoral class. I was very pleased with her. She moved nicely and happily let the judge go over her.

Next was Casey and me in the best 6 legs class. Unfortnately the judge didn't think much of either of us so we came 5th out of 5 : (
Next I entered Ruby, Saffy and Dora in the obedience. Dora went first in the middle class which was a novice round. She worked very well on her set exercises but lost a few points on heelwork as she was very distracted by people at the ringside.

We were then persuaded to hqve a go at the top class which was based on a B round as there was only one entry, so we had a go. Dora did the position o the move very well and also did the sendaway much to my surprise, however she didn't like the judges article much and didn't retreive it properley which surprised me as she usually has a good retrieve.
Next I had a go with Saffy. I was persuaded to take her in the higher class to make up the numbers. Her heelwork was very good considering we haven't really done much so far. she needed help to get the position on the move but she did a stunning left about turn. The judge was very impressed with her. Then we did the retrieve and Saffy did it really well, much better than Dora.

Last to go was Ruby, in the middle class. There were a lot of people still standing by the ring which Like Dora earlier Ruby found very distracting but she did manage one nice heelwork. She didn't keep her eye on the dumbell for the retrieve so had to do a search for it which cost her a few points, bu overall I was pleased with her.

There were no stays or scent as by the time the classes had finished it was getting dark. The Final placings were Dora 1st in Novice and Ruby 4th, and Dora 1st in B and Saffy was 4th! The judge afterwards was ever so complimentary about her and thinks she has loads of potential.

No comments: