Saturday

11 July 2009

Ruby is now 7.5 weeks pregnant and getting bigger. We haven't been to any shows recently as she is obviously not doing agility at the moment, although she still jumps the fence in the garden when ever she wants. If I get the weaves out for Saffy she will do those too but more slowly than normal and will jump too so I make sure she is inside before I do any training.

I am still doing some training with her but we are doing tricks that she can do from a stationary position and don't ask for anything active. She still chases rabbits and squirrels while we are on walks though.
Ruby is really hungry now and is eating much more than normal. When she feels a bit peckish she comes up to me and woofs and then leads me to the cupboard where I keep the food. She used to do this when she wanted to play but these days she mostly asks for food.
She still has her stick obsession though and found a lovely one on the golf course this morning. I let her play with it for a while but was very mean and wouldn't help her get it home. I eventually had to put her on the lead to get her to leave it there as she was determined to try to bring it with her.

What do the other dogs do while Ruby is playing with her stick? Well Casey rolls around in the dew, and Darcy stands about under the trees staring up into them to see if she can see any squirrels. She usually keeps up with us but sometimes she gets stuck under a tree watching for squirrels and we have to go back and find her. She goes completely deaf when she finds one. Ruby is starting to understand the question "where's Darcy?" and now helps me find her.

No comments: