Wednesday

22 July 2009

Puppies Day 1
Ruby is being an excellent mother. She does not like to leave the pups at all, I really have to insist she goes into the garden, and as soon as she has finished she dashes straight back upstairs to her babies.
I even have to feed her and give her water while she stays in the box as she won't leave them to eat.
I weighed some of the puppies this morning and they have all put on an ounce or two, It is much harder to identify the puppies this time as there are so many of them, I will have a go at putting coloured collars on them tomorrow .
The first picture shows Ruby last night once it was all over.














next, washing the big dog pup. He was the last
dog born and is a bit lighter than the others and has a very defined mask.






I didn't sleep much last night. I was woken quite frequently by puppies squealing, looking for mum having wandered away. It obviously worried Ruby but she couldn't do anything about it as she would disturb the others so I gathered up the stray each time and put it back with mum. It is amazing how mobile they all are, and very determined to burrow in to find a teat.

No comments: