Saturday

10 January 2009

We went to Wilmslow Agility show today. This was only Ruby's second KC agility show. In our first run Grade 1+2 Agility Ruby ran clear but the clock didn't stop so we had to run again for time. We absolutely belted round the second time and I think Ruby was faster. To my amazement we were placed 7th in this class out of nearly 100 dogs.

We then had a wait for our second class combined 1+2 agility so I took Ruby and Saffy for a long walk to test out the new harnesses I bought them.
After lunch we did the second course and again Ruby jumped clear but we weren't quite fast enough to get a place.

Our third run was in grade 1+2 jumping but unfortunately I got completely lost on the course so we got eliminated. Ruby jumped exactly where I told her to, I just need to learn to remember the courses.

We had a lovely day. Ruby coped really well with the indoor show and even made friends with a Collie. Saffy had a lovely time talking to lots of dogs, We also practised sitting quietly and not screaming at fast running small dogs! She is getting much better at this now. Saffy will be old enough to compete in another month and I have entered her at an Agility Addicts show at the end of February. She really loves agility so I am sure she will enjoy it.

No comments: