Wednesday

14 January 2009

I took Saffy and Daisy up to ring craft tonight. Saffy hasn't been since the middle of last year and hasn't been to a breed show since last August . I have just sent in our Crufts entry so thought maybe I should get some practice.

It was the first time Daisy had been to Ringcraft although I have practiced standing with her. She loved being on the table as she could reach the judge to lick him. he wasn't really able to see her teeth though as she was wriggling around too much. I will need to practise moving her as at first I was going far too quickly, being used to a bigger dog. Daisy didn't mind and galloped happily along the mat, but I had to slow down quite a lot to get a nice trot. Standing in the line was great fun too as Daisy loves other dogs. First we stood next to a Mastiff and Daisy thought he was absolutely wonderful. Even though she was only about the size of his paw she was not at all worried by him and kept licking his face. I will have to bring my camer next time to take a some pictures.

Saffy seemed to enjoy it too. Mum was there with Sharna so they both wanted to play more than stand looking pretty but Saffy did stand nicely for the judge and let him see her teeth. I did get into trouble for not listening to the judge and going up and down the mat twice instead of once so maybe I need the practice too.

No comments: