Sunday

22 March 2008


I took the dogs for a long walk this morning. We went round the pond and met dad walking his dogs so walked with him for a bit. Saffy got into trouble for jumping on Mimi to make her squeak so she had to stay on the lead after that.

Once we left dad I decided to go across the fields as the farmer has finally moved the cows. We went into the big field and as soon as i took their leads off a hare popped up in front of them so they all set off in hot pursuit. totally ignoring my calls to stop. The chased the hare down the long field with the hare well out in front, then the hare decided to take cover in the scrub land next to the field so the dogs all followed it through and disappeared from view.


Casey very quickly came back. He is never gone long so I waited for the girls to come back. Then Ruby came back shortly followed by Dora but there was no sign of Saffy. This is rather unusual as Saffy is very good at coming back. I was rather surprised she hadn't been with the others.

I waited about 10 minutes and was starting to get a bit panicky as Saffy is only a baby and not used to finding her way about. then I thought I heard something over the sound of the wind, it was Saffy yelling so I climbed the fence and set of to look for her. Luckily i found her fairly quickly she was the other side of a stream and couldn't get across to get back. I called her a few times and seeing me there encouraged her to try to jump it. She almost made it but landed up to her elbows in thick black mud. I think all the girls must have been in the stream as Ruby and Dora are pretty muddy too.

having gathered all the dogs we set off back to the car. I was hoping that some of the mud would come off before we got back to the car. Saffy and Ruby were running and chasing each other and rolling round play fighting. unfortunately when they got back to me I could smell that it wasn't just mud they had been rolling in. they had obviously found a cowpat too. Thankfully we were almost back to the car so I got them on leads and took them home where I had to start bating the 3 girls.


Saffy In the shower.




Saffy Getting her own back. Yes that is my bed. I came out of the bathroom after cleaning it up to find Saffy rolling about on it.


clean again

No comments: