Tuesday

25 March 2008

At agility tonight we set up long straight runs of 4 jumps and a tunnel at the end. Ruby liked racing me as we did the 4 jumps in a row but I found she would not go ahead to the tunnel. This surprised me as I have spent time sending her on to the equipment from a distance.

We did the weave poles with the set up making it easier to do the poles with me on the right and Ruby really struggled. Part of the problem was that the exit from the weave poles was just a bit past the upright of the A frame and I automatically turned towards the A frame about 3 poles from the end which caused Ruby to pop out of the weaves. . I found it surprisingly hard to keep running straight but when I did Ruby stayed in and completed the poles. Ruby was much happier running the poles with me on the left. I have worked on her running poles with me on either side and at a distance from her. She can do this fairly well in the garden but obviously needs more wor at the club. She weaves much slower at the club too, but I can't really use the football as an incentive there.

No comments: