Sunday

04 May 2008

We went to Rugby Obedience show today. Dora was drawn 2nd in Beginners. The first dog didn't arrive so we went in the ring first. I don't mind this as Dora always seems to work her best in the morning. She was very good, especially since we haven't been to a show since Crufts. We were entered at Cosely 2 weeks ago but as Catherine decided to have her baby that day I had to give it a miss and stay at home to become a Grandmother instead.

Anyay back to Dora. She worked very well. After we finished. the judge was very complementary about her. We lost a couple of marks on the heel on lead and heel free. I had to give her an extra command on the retrieve but I lost marks for moving my feet when I shouldn't have done. We lost 8 marks in the end. Dora did her stays well and I was pleased as it was getting quite warm and she has been known to lie down and get comfy in the sit stay if it gets too hot, so I was really pleased with her. We came 8th over all which wasn't to bad in a class of over 40 dogs.

I had entered Saffy for the first time today. I only did a training round with her. We did heelwork first and she was paying very good attention to me. didn't seem to notice the steward at all. We did a recall. The steward held the lead for me as I didn't think she would wait in this situation. She came very fast and sat slightly crooked but as it was the first time she had been in the ring I didn't mind.

We then did a retrieve. I held her collar rather than asking her to wait while throwing the dumbell, then I sent her to get it she did a lovely pickup and a really nice straight present.

I didn't do stays with Saffy or Ruby as it is complicated with more than one dog. Saffy isn't quite ready to do them yet anyway and as Ruby only did a trainig round I decided to miss the stays this time.

We had a really nice day. The weather stayed dry appart from a few odd spots . Robin said it hd rained a lot at home so was glad I decided to go

No comments: