Friday

09 May 2008

Went for our usual walk this morning. It was a really nice morning. Quite warm. There was lots of dew on the grass. the dogs were getting quite wet running through the wet grass as it is now getting quite long. We then went into the newly ploughed field which has dried out a lot and Saffy run towards me a flopped down to the ground and started rolling about and wiping her face in the soil She really looked hilarious and I was laughing at her, wondering why she does these funny things when I havent got my camera with me.

Then I noticed that the soil was turning to mud on her wet fur and she was getting absolutely covered in it. Then it dawned on me that as it was Friday we would be going to the National Dog show. Her first Champ show. And here she was absolutely plastered in mud and soil!



I made a diversion on the way back to the car to go by the lake and encouraged Saffy to go in but she would only go in as far as her ankles so now she had clean feet. Mud from her knees to her shoulders and a clean back. Not a lot better. We walked round to the shallow bay are and by throwing biscuits out in to the water I managed to get her in deep enough to rinse a lot of the soil off. Once we got home I completed the job with the hosepipe so She did look fairly respectable when we got to the show.

Saffy wasn't mad keen on being in the show ring. She loved the trotting up and down and standing but didn't really want the judge to go over her, but in spite of this she still got 3rd place which qualifies her for Crufts next year.

Afterwards we Jan suggested I take her to do her KC good citizen Bronze award. Although she can do all the other things I wasn't sure if she would manage the 1 minute stay but she did it beautifully. We were in a crowded area at the front of the show with people and dogs walking past all the time but she wasn't bothered at all so we passed.

No comments: