Tuesday

27 May 2008

The rain that seems to have been falling over the rest of the country finally arrived here. We haven't had any since the last bank holiday so the garden was getting rather dry. The dogs looked at me in disgust when I suggested they go out in the rain for their early morning pee, but strangely enough they all still wanted to go for a walk.

We walked over the fields and round the pond. While walking by the pond I noticed Ruby standing looking very intently at a dark object between her paws. I wondered if it was a stick but she doesn't usually take any notice of anything as small as that was. Suddenly I realised with horror it was was moving so I yelled at her to leave it and stared running towards her so I could rescue it. Then I saw two moorhens flapping towards Ruby at speed, Ruby dropped the baby moorhen and jumped back away from them, and all three moorhens turned and made their escape into the pond while Ruby just stood there looking rather bemused. Then, late as ever Saffy dashed up to see what was going on

I then realised that I had been watching all this with my camera clutched in my hand and had never even though to try to film it.

No comments: