Saturday

12 April 2008


It has been a quiet week this week. I have not done a huge amount of training as other things have had to take a priority. We had a problem with the car which meant the dogs did not get their normal walk. Instead we went to the fields at the end of the road. thankfully it is now quite a while since the farmer did the muck spreading so it was safe to walk there. We met 2 chubby chocolate Labradors there and Saffy desperately wanted them to chase her. They did try but just couldn't keep up. Saffy had to keep stopping and going back to them. In the end she gave up.


We went to Joy's to train this morning. I was working on Dora's right turns. Several people said they could see a real improvement in her attitude. She loves working but really had an extra sparkle today. Dora can do nice straight turns when working out from me but when I bring her in she tends to throw her rear end out. I have some more ideas to try so hopefully we will get the problem sorted soon.

I brought Saffy in at the end to see if I can get her playing more in different places. Saffy is very fixed on bringing me toys to swap for treats ut not so keen to play tuggy away from home. I brought the long rope toy out but she would not really play with that for more than a couple of seconds so I switched to doing food circuits for cheese interspersed with throwing her squeaky ball and she enthusiastically fetched the ball back.

No comments: