Thursday

24 April 2008

no agility again this morning due to the fact that it poured down with rain but I did get some training done on our walk this morning. As I started this blog as a training diary maybe I better put some details of what I an training in it.

With all three girls i am concentrating on their drive for heelwork by having a titbit in my hand and moving forward at a speed where they have to really drive to catch up. I click as they catch up and treat and then off again and click as they catch me. It is quite hard work but we do a couple of times up and down the carpark. Each dog only gets a couple of goes but I have to do it three times so I tire before they do.

Saffy and Saffy are definitely driving forward more now. Dora doesn't need it as much but she likes it so we do it.

I am also working on getting them to keep their position near my leg consistently. Ruby is very sensitive to my movement and tends to move away from me just in case she gets trodden on. I am playing a game where I have her in the heel position and push her shoulder a little away from me and then click her for pushing back towards me. I am finding that she is really starting to like this and she is having fun with heelwork.

No comments: