Saturday

26 April 2008

We went for a long walk this morning exploring new footpaths looking for new walks which aren't as muddy as our normal walk. I found a very nice route which went across some fields with plenty of rabbits to chase and then back along the canal. about 5 miles in total. I much prefer walks which go round in a circle rather than having to come back the same way I went so I will do this one again. And the dogs were pretty clean at the end of it.

I spent most of the afternoon in the garden tidying up. Saffy and Ruby were very interested in what I was doing especially the digging. I had to be very careful what I did with the spade as I usually had at least one and usually both with their noses right down by the spade checking what I was doing. I threw the weeds into the wheel barrow as I pulled them up and then the dogs would take them out and run off with them! I am sure they thought they were helping but I could have done without it.

After a while I noticed Saffy carrying something and putting it down and picking it up again and chewing at it. I thought I better check what it was as I didn't want her getting poisoned by eating anything poisonous. It wasn't poisonous but it was very revolting as it was a large wriggly worm! Eeughh!

No comments: