Monday

07 April 2008

Saffy found a dead rat on our walk this morning. She does seem to like finding dead things. I could cope with that if she just left them there but she does like to carry them around. Eeughh!
She carried the rat for quite away, refusing to come close enough for me to take it and not putting it down. on the odd occasion she did come close Ruby came to see if she could have the rat so Saffy ran off again so as not to lose her prize. She did eventually decide to put it down to eat a biscuit so I quickly grabbed its tail and threw it into the ditch where she couldn't see it. Eeughh again!!! she sniffed around for quite a long time before she finally gave up looking for her rat and came with me.

Did some agility this morning. I put some treats in a small plastic container to throw as a reward for Saffy as she is so poor at spotting thrown treats. It did work quite well but she still missed the container sometimes. She tries so hard that when she has done an obstacle she looks straight to me for her treat and if I don't get the throw just right she misses seeing where it goes.

No comments: