Monday

14 April 2008

Have been training Ruby on the dog walk again. She is happy on it set at about a foot high but she much prefers to go down the ramps and do her contacts and does not much like going up the ramp. She will happily jump onto the dw in the middle and run to the end but tends to avoid it if I ask her to get on and walk up the ramp. I have decided that I need to work on getting her to go up the ramps before I make the DW any higher.
I am letting run down the ramp and have a tit bit then rather than let her run round and hop back on to the middle of the DW I am asking her to walk on, just a step and then clicking, then another step and a click. We did several reps of this and then I asked her to do the whole DW and we stopped for a game of football. Ruby definitly shows more signs of stress going up the DW so will make sure that I heavily reward for it. she is so much happier on the dogwalk than she was and her contacts are lovely. I have no doubt we will get her doing it eventually.

No comments: