Saturday

Saffy - 06/10 - 58 days old

took saffy for a short walk down the road today. Dora came with us for a bit of moral support. Saffy kept stopping and just looking around. I don't think she realised the world was that big.

it is a quiet road but a few cars did come past. She did seem rather worried when the first one went past but after the 3rd or fourth she hardly took any notice. We went to the field at the end of the road but there as a tractor in it cutting the grass so we didn't go in for a run. I am rather glad the grass is being cut as it was very long and we could easily have lost Saffy in it.

We worked on a hand touch several times today and Saffy is touching it as soon as I put it in front of her. She still only works for her biscuits. She doesn't seem to know what to make of other titbits, even roast chicken. We also did a few sits in front between my feet as the start of the present.

Hoovered my bedroom and Saffy came to see what the noise was. She wasn't really sure what to make of the hoover but just stood and watched from a distance. this seems to be the way she deals with anything she is not sure about. I left the hoover running and had a little game of tuggy with her, she wasn't so worried about the noise that she couldn't play.

The other dogs are getting a lot more playful with her. Amber and Dora like playing with her the most. Ruby is still not sure whether she likes Saffy. If i am playing with Saffy Ruby gives me a dirty look and leaves the room. I make sure Ruby gets playtime without Saffy around.

No comments: