Tuesday

Saffy - 23/10 - 10 Weeks Old

a very quiet couple of days as Saffy has got Kennel cough so is fairly limited in where she can go.
We did go for a walk round the pond yesterday as it was fairly quiet with not many people or dogs about. Saffy is not feeling ill as far as I can see, just coughing every now and then.

still training presents. I hold a titbit out and encourage her to touch it with her nose and sit by bringing her rear up to the front. This is so we can get a nice close sit eventually. I tend to do 3-4 of these every time she comes up to me at my desk. my office chair is really good as it is on wheels so easily rolls back a little way for the next repetition.

just started getting her to trot by having her follow a titbit. She will follow it across the kitchen. will work on getting her to follow it for longer distances and then experiment with head positions to work out what gait suits her for obedience. hope we can get a nice trot like Ruby has.

Cut her toenails today. She wasn't mad keen on having the front ones done. She fidgeted quite a bit. stopped after those were done and did the rear ones tonight. I sat on the floor with her lying down chewing a toy and she didn't mind me trimming the back ones.

We went for a walk round the block tonight on our own. Saffy wasn't quite as happy on her own as she is when with Dora. If a car came past she looked a bit worried and stopped to watch it. Will alternate taking her out with the others and on her own.
She doesn't pull on the lead but still tends to go round and round and get under my feet.

No comments: